Wednesday 14 November 2007

Brighton

So I went to Brighton two weeks ago with 3 of my housemates. It's at the southern tip of England. My housemate Greg lived there before moving to London, so he showed us around on Sunday. It's a beautiful town with loads of arts and cool people.







Greg had a gig that night at the Brighton Barfly. He is wicked live.




I was the only one who decided to spend the night down in Brighton, so I booked a cheap single room in a hotel. It was nice to have some time to myself away from London. I had a wicked full English breakfast in the morning as well! I first visited the Royal Pavilion, which really looks like the Taj Mahal. It was built for King George IV, who was quite excessive as you can see.







I found some wicked graffiti. Basically the best graffiti I've ever seen in person.







Found a Banksy (if you don't know who he is, look him up - wicked graffiti artist):



And finally, sorry to disappoint, but I got hitched on Brighton Pier:

4 comments:

X said...

2 cool things:

1) you found a Banksy!

2) Wow, Dhalsim from Street Fighter cutting it up as a DJ

And Brighton looks cool. Kewl, even.

Meg said...

haha Sebastian I was going to say the same thing! (you found a Banksy!) Jeff did it have a plastic covering over it? Looking at the picture it looked like it might have.

I love the chandeliers in the Royal Pavilion!

Keep posting pics! I love it

~Fitz

Jalbert said...

Yeah the Banksy was cool! I love when bobbies make out! There was a plastic covering over it. Apparently the story is that after he had done it, someone washed it away or ruined it, and the city had it replicated and covered. So technically that isn't the original one...

c said...

amazing. esp the bansky. i vote for more pictures! it's dec!